The historical centre of the town is Krasnaya (Red) Square where the Cathedral of Transfiguration of the Saviour is situated. This is the most ancient existing building in Central Russia and one of the pearls of the ingenious white-stone Russian architecture. It was built in 1152-1157 when the town was founded.
Vladimirsky Cathedral was built in the 40's of 18th century. The cathedral belonged to the monastery which was situated in Krasnaya Square.
JPEG 41K JPEG 20K
St.Daniel Monastery is located in the southern part of the town. The monastery was founded in 1508.
JPEG 51K JPEG 44K
St. Nicetas Monastery is in the northern part of the town. The monastery was founded earlier than the town.
JPEG 33K JPEG 30K
Goritsky Monastery is in the southern part of the town. Now it is the home to Pereslavl History and Art Museum.
Church of the Forty Saints stands where the river Trubezh flows into lake Plechsheyevo. The church was built in 1775.
Church of the Trinity was built in the 19th century.
Church of St.George was built in the 18th century.
Lake Pleshcheyevo is the place where the Russian Navy was begun. Peter the Great began building the first Russian ships here.